reflections of the journey...

July 24, 2005

to dread or not to dread...

Thinking of getting dreads.

I've wanted them for ages - way back when I used to say stuff like that but never actually thought I'd do anything about it. I used to say I was gonna get my hair cut short too. I did that months ago. Loved it. Got a trim about a month ago, went even shorter than first time. Then dyed it bright red. Though, it didn't look Ronald McDonald-ish, but actually turned out quite funky. (If I do say so myself!)

My hair is becoming my expressive outlet. I don't do much in the way of being creative anymore. For no articular reason. So my hair is my canvas.
And right now I'm bored with it.
I was ready for another chop, this time to a more extreme....really short, uneven, choppy/shaggy look. But that's been done and it wouldn't be much different to what it is now.

So I'm thinking dreads. I really really want dreads.

But I'm wondering whether I should wait until my hair has grown a litte longer, so the dreads won't sit like spikes, but have a more relaxed look aout them...flowing downward in crazy twists or whatever.

Yeah, I think I should wait. They'll probably look better if I did.

So maybe I'll just paint the canvas again...it needs refreshing, more life and vibrancy. It's getting boring.
Maybe I'll experiment with a completely different look. One that I've wanted to do for AGES...blonde with baby pink highlights!! (Hmm...I think I need to work my way up to that one!)

Peace & Love (haha)
Bella xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home