reflections of the journey...

September 13, 2005

beginning or end of wisdom...?

So I'm approaching the ripe ol age of 21...the beginning of my "real" adult life, beginning of wisdom, yeah?
Or not.
I'm scheduled to have surgery on December 2nd to have my wisdom taken from me before it even fully blossoms. Well okay, maybe I'm just having teeth taken out, but that doesn't sound as dramatic. Strangely, I'm looking forward to it. So can't wait. Not because I'll be in pain for who knows how long, I'll vomit in the recovery room (happens every time), I'll be tasting blood for a few days and restricted to only consuming soft, mushy stuff for a few days or even because I have to fork out $1200 for the procedure.
But, because I'm finally on my way to having my childhood dream come true!

Believe it or not, I've wanted braces since I was a little girl. And I'm finally in the process of preparing for that to happen. It's fully exciting to think that in a few years I'll actually be able to smile without being embarresed about my teeth. I'll actually be able to laugh as long as I want without fearing that people are gawking. And I know everyone says I have nothing to worry about, my teeth are fine, no-one notices blah blah blah, but when I've lived with it for so long, I know different. And no matter what anyone says it's a deep-down insecurity that I can't wait to be able to get rid of.

So yeah, I'm so pumped about it...can't wait. But I am dreading the $1200 in 12 weeks situation I now find myself in. Oh well, I guess everything has it's cost, self-satisfaction included.

Anyhoo, my feet are cold and I need to catch some Zzz's...

Stay beautiful, be true and love with all you have,

Bella xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home