reflections of the journey...

November 29, 2005

It's over!!

oh yes indeed like-minded nutters. The aforementioned title is meant to be read as if it were Strong Bad himself saying it. haha

Anyhoo, TAFE has finished for this year.
I joyfully handed in my last assessment of the year tonight and drove home with a wonderful feeling contentment, satisfaction and anticipation.
I'm pleased to be finished for this year because I was so freakin over it by a few weeks ago! Now I can focus on scoring a job again (oh the joys of being an unemployed almost 21yr old who still lives at home!) and continue the work at church.
I love my new role at church. The kids are going great guns. They're so inspiring. Jesus is awesome. Man, I love that guy ;-)

I'm seriously hoping to move out early next year too. Yeah I know I've said that for years now, but I honestly believe it is closer to becoming a reality than ever before.
Granted, I'm unemployed at the minute and it certinly costs a heck of a lot more money to be on my own than it does to be living with the parentals, but it's just been really on my mind lately.

I seriously feel a calling to move out. And I'm sure of it. Not just "I think God's telling me to move out" to entertain my own desires, but everything that's happening lately would seriously benefit more if I moved out.
There's opportunities existing within church and Youth Group that can only happen if I had my own place. I've asked my parents if they would open their home to some of these opportunities until such time, but it's not a viable option in their eyes. So, if I'm going to grow more and be able to serve more effectively I want to do everything I can for that to happen.

It's been my dream for ages to have a place for kids to stay when they are most needy. My ultimte dream is to have a massive farm type setup, almost entirely self-sufficient where kids can learn life skills to get them through, get their lives back on track and be loved in a Christian environment. The smaller option which I'm hoping to do next year is have an open house/apartment (:-P) with a spare room or even just a mad comfy couch for the kids to stay. I'd love to have Bible Studies in my own home. I'd love even more to be able to invite people into my home to share a meal. It'd be awesome to just have people around whenever, for whatever and not worry about disturbing the 'rents or the bro's :P All these things I can't do in my current place of residence, so I'm getting out. :-P
If only it were that simle hey.

But something that God has really been reminding me of lately is the whole concept of FAITH.
Hebrews 11:1 reminds me that "Faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you cannot see".
And I'll admit, it's big call when looking at that scripture to then say "I have faith that..." but I can now say with an assuredness only God Himself can give me that "I have faith that next year will see me in my own little place, doing all of the aforementioned and even more".

Jesus is awesome!!

I hope God's blessin your socks off too, dear reader =D

Love Bella xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home