reflections of the journey...

April 21, 2006

be the difference...

He spoke those words to me with a truth in his eyes. He believed I could. He trusted I could. He knew I wanted to.

But 8 months on, have I? Have I used every opportunity to truly "be the difference"?
It's one thing to be touched by the injustice and inhumanity of this world but is quite another to step up and fight against it. I've got the vision, I have the dreams but what else? Am I doing all I can to see these visions into reality? Am I doing all I've been asked to do, entrusted to do?
Sadly, I know I haven't.
I know I really want to. More than ever. But I don't know how sometimes.

These kids mean more to me than they will probably ever realise. I believe big things will happen. I trust I will witness amazing things in my town, my world. I believe for it. I know it's possible. But where do I draw the line of simply believing and actually doing? Being a part of the change... putting action together with faith.


***************

I take great encouragement in reciting this quote from a Mike Guglielmucci sermon off the Planetshakers "All That I Want" DVD -
"They stood.
They stood and they saw the power of God.
They stood and thier shadow was overshadowed
with the shadow of the weight of Heaven that would come
and the power of Almighty God would begin to move on their behalf"
I don't know if it's a Bible verse or not (if you know, could you pass on the reference please)
but either way it's powerful. It strikes me at my very core when I hear those words.
It has become so much more than words on a page or dialogue from someones mouth.
It has become my prayer for Wingham. My prayer for my world.
~~~~~~~~
So perhaps what I need to do now is rise, and take a stand. Be a part of the action and trust fully that God will indeed move in my town. My nation. My world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home