reflections of the journey...

May 17, 2005

I'm not a writer, I'm just me

So, those who view this little space in cyber world will have noticed that at present I only have two posts...well I guess this'll make it three when I hit the orange button!
Anyway, the original idea behind me starting my own blog was to express myself in a way I don't usually utilise. My plan was to post a little something everyday, a reflection on the events of my day, my daily journey...
though, when I realised I had an audience, waiting in anticipation for another post from me [funny that, I didn't quite catch on to the idea of this little place of thinking for me being accessable to pretty much anyone=p] a whole miriad of emotions swept over me.
I felt scared, that I would be judged for what I wrote, I felt unworthy of being read, I felt insignificant to be writing about myself and the going's on of 'my world' but most of all, I felt so anxious about what people would be expecting from me.
I've read other people's blogs, and man...there's some deep thinking and big words in there!! I began to think that that was what's expected of a blog. Big words and thought provoking messages, challenges even. And that really shook me because I don't think that's who I am.
I'm not dumb my any means, but I'm not the most intelligent person I know either.
I don't know the meaning of some of those big fancy schmancy words, and I don't know how to illustrate with a vocabulary. When I write, I don't know all those flowery words to use to really set the scene, or 'pretty up' my blog. That's just not inside of me. Not a part of who I am.
So, the thought I had of people expecting that from me was quite terrifying and it's for that reason that I haven't been posting as much as what would like.
But, I've come to the realisation that, fearing what I assume other people expect from me is quite ridiculous. I have no basis for my presumptions, only my own fears. It's about time I stopped being that scared little girl cringing in the corner, waiting for the ridicule to come.
So, I'll make more of an effort to just write....reflect on my journey, that's what this is all about.
I'm recording these experiences more for myself than anyone else, so if this humble blog is viewed by other people out there, that's just an added facet to what it is, but I'll try my best to not allow it to be the reason I write. Because if it becomes that, this journal of mine won't be honest.
*sigh* so, I'm trying new things, and learning from the experiences.
Aint life grand?!! =)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jezika_Rae said...

"It's about time I stopped being that scared little girl cringing in the corner, waiting for the ridicule to come."

if that aint colourful, picturesque language then I don't know what is.
Belle you claim that you aren't a writer, but within you lurks the heart of a poet! Stand up and stop selling yourself short. If God has gifted you with something, never compare it to the gifts of others...those gifts are there's not yours. The grass always is greener on the other side...but just maybe it's a trick of the eye and what you have right now...in your possession at this very moment, is everything your going to need in order to do the things you were made to do.
I love reading your blog...I have no expectations, you write as you are...Belinda, my sister, my friend, and thats what I love so much about it. You challenge me more than you know...and your smarter than you ever seem to give yourself credit for.
I love you.
Jess xoxo

6:39 PM, May 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home